Writers’ Retreats in Greece is a visionary concept we first captured in 2017 while working at Llullu Llama, a mountain lodge in Ecuador and well before returning to Greece after our long trip around the world.
We planned and organised everything before starting receiving our first guests. So, on our way back home, we were already ready to start hosting. We did -and still do- everything on ourselves. Web design, graphics, marketing, social media, hosting, cleaning, cooking, transporting, touring, greeting, smiling!
Indeed, Writer’s Retreats in Greece is an one-man-and-a-woman show. It is a family business and we truly want to keep it like this. We prefer to have it as a side business rather than a way to get rich. We prefer to have fewer guests but spend time with them, show them around, and guide them in our island rather than changing bed sheets every second night.
We are planning everything in detail, we love organisation, we are passionate with hosting people from different cultures and we strive to make them happy.
Writers’ Retreats in Greece is a niche market and we are proud to be the first to run this website and cater for this type of guests.
Having said that, we are seeking for like-minded property owners who have the skill-set, the space, the passion and the enthusiasm to list their space at the Writers’ Retreats in Greece and partner with us in an attempt to create an international reference point for foreign guest writers who are looking for a place to work and create content in Greece.
Please read below the final deal. If you feel that we have you covered, fill up the form below and wait to hear from us.
- The most important feature that makes us different and what people enjoy so far is our personalised service & touch. It means that you, the property owner, need to take full care of your guest writers. Drive them from the airport to home and back, clean the house, treat them with a welcome dinner, offer them to show around, cook for them, etc.
- It is strongly recommended to know how to cook but if you are not into it, please make sure that the food that you offer -if the guest writer opts for the full board package- is made with love with the best ingredients possible.
- Fast internet, a spotless space, laundry service, driving licence and a vehicle are the minimum gear to guarantee a pleasant experience. Dont forget the personality 😉
- You must have a solid Reservations and Cancellation Policy that takes care of potential cancellations, modifications, complaints, refunds and other issues.
- Be aware that guest writers look for places where they can stay for a long time (more than a week). So, be prepared for mid-term reservations and commitment.
- You must be able to offer at least two of the packages as shown here.
What we offer
- List your space for free in the Writers’ Retreat in Greece website
- Free regular blogging & personal stories in the website, Instagram and Facebook accounts about your property and you (as hosts)
- Free price lists published in our website and your website (if you have). Please have a look on our home-crafted price list
- Regularly feature your property in the front page
- Free guide on how to prepare your house and treat your guest writers
- Create a website along with booking engine and payment process tool (with a fee)
- Flexibility & transparency on your contact with the guest writers & free listing in a high traffic website (we can send you more info about it through email)
How it works
- Every reservation for your property is going through our website and is forwarded to you automatically. You can either reject it or accept it. Our work ends after sending you the reservation request. You talk with the guest writer, you agree on the little details and potential requests, you seal the deal.
- For every reservation, we charge 7% commission and we aim to collect this fee when your guest goes. That’s all! No hidden fees, no extra charges, no deposits.
- Ιt is very important to have a Reservations and Cancellation Policy. In case of complaints, refunds or any other issues related to hosting, you are responsible to deal with the guest writer and resolve it in a professional way.
- We would love to meet you in person, review your property and have an ongoing personal contact and relation.
- Our goal and commitment is to help you increase your occupancy rates with the minimum cost and we are going to support you in the best possible way. However, you are responsible for the final experience.
For any further inquiry, please drop us an email at [email protected] and we will be more than happy to get back.
Nikos & Georgia